The Answering TTP Foundation has created the Foundation's first-ever national Canadian TTP Medical Advisory Panel. The creation of this panel will strengthen the level of support and education to Canadian TTP patients and drive greater awareness of TTP to the medical community.
The current members of the Medical Advisory Panel include:
- Dr. Christopher Patriquin
- Dr. Susan Huang
- Dr. Katerina Pavenski
- Dr. Dawn Goodyear
- Dr. Mary-Margaret Keating
TTP treating physicians across Canada conduct virtual round table discussions to improve the lives of those living with TTP. As the panel is still in its early stages, Answering TTP is still determining how the Medical Advisory Panel could be of best use to the TTP community. Panel members may potentially be asked to:
- volunteer a panel member to participate in a virtual TTP educational event
- help our administrator connect TTP patients with TTP treaters, particularly when patients move or experience a crisis while travelling;
- consider endorsing or working toward developing Canadian TTP treatment guidelines; and/or
- lend their independent voice to support access to TTP treatments via clinician opt-in group letter to Ministers of Health and drug plan managers across Canada.
We are still recruiting for more members of the panel, if you are a TTP treating medical professional and are interested in contributing your expertise, please email email@example.com.