This page is designed to answer FAQs about the Walk to Answer TTP Together.
Do you have more questions? Email us at Events@AnsweringTTP.org.
1. Where can I find detailed written instructions to download?
Click here for participant instructions.
2. How do I make a donation to the event?
If you can't participate, please consider supporting the walk by pledging a participant. CLICK HERE for participant listing. If you do not know any participants you can make a general donation to the event CLICK HERE.
3. Why should I collect donations?
With no known cure, patients are living each day in fear of another relapse that could end in irreversible damage to the brain, heart and/or kidneys. Patients are still losing their battle with TTP. Sending and sharing your personalized fundraising page with your contacts helps generate funds for TTP research, education and support programs. Moreover, Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura is a rare disorder. It is not economical for pharmaceutical companies to specialize research for TTP. We need your help to raise money for TTP research!
4. Who should I ask to make a donation to my fundraising page?
You know your potential supporters best. Ask neighbors and people in your community. Let people see your excitement. People love to support causes, especially when they can see how much it means to you.
For many fundraisers, it can be difficult to ask personal friends, family members and acquaintances for financial support. Start with those you know will be willing to support you and use this to build momentum. It’s always easier to hear a “no” after you have hearing “yes” a few times. Here is a list of common members of our community to consider asking.
- Family (parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins)
- Family friends
- Close friends of your extended family (i.e. Grandma’s best friend)
- Bosses and co-workers
- Businesses with whom you do frequent business
- Hair stylist
5. What is the best way to circulate my electronic pledge page?
We recommend distributing the link to your friends and family via:
- EMAIL: Don't forget to hook potential supporters with a personal story or some information about TTP in the body of the email. For example, "When I/my sister/my brother/ my wife etc. was first diagnosed none of us had ever heard about Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, TTP. But as you know, this dangerous blood disorder changed our lives. Too many people continue to suffer irreversible complications because they aren't diagnosed and treated fast enough. On September 16, 2017 I am joining TTP supporters around the world to help change the prognosis for all TTP patients. Please help me reach my goal of raising X dollars. Visit my personal pledge page at www.________ to donate today. Your support is appreciated by the entire TTP community."
- FACEBOOK: Share your fundraising page link with all your friends to generate support and spread awareness. Ensure to include a concise hook to help engage your friends to click through on your link. "TTP changed our lives. Please support my quest to help answer TTP with a cure by visiting my personal fundraising page at www.________ to donate today. Your support is appreciated by the entire TTP community."
- TWITTER: Share your fundraising page link with all your friends to generate support and spread awareness. Ensure your message is clear with a link. "Please support the quest to help answer TTP! Your donation, no matter how small, makes the fight possible. www.________ to donate!
6. Can I accept offline donations?
The offline donation function has been discontinued to better use scarce volunteer time. Sorry for any inconvenience.